Recognizing Model STEAM Programs in K-12 Education
The Ovation Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Ovation, in partnership with the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities (PCAH) and Americans for the Arts (AFTA), and in consultation with the Congressional STEAM Caucus and the Rhode Island School of Design, developed the innOVATION STEAM Grant Awards Program. The program was created to raise awareness of the value of integrating the arts into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) curricula and to highlight existing K-12 public schools across the country that have developed successful, measurable and replicable STEAM programs, which could serve as national models. The innOVATION STEAM Grant Awards Program represents the first funding program of its kind for STEAM education.
On November 3 in Washington DC during a ceremony in collaboration with Rep. Suzanne Bonamici and Rep. Elise Stefanik, co-chairs of the Congressional STEAM Caucus, the winning schools were announced.
Each of the following schools received a $10,000 innOVATION Grant Award:
- BOSTON ARTS ACADEMY: Boston, MA
- DAYTON REGIONAL STEM SCHOOL: Kettering, OH
- HIGH TECH HIGH MEDIA ARTS: San Diego, CA
- HIGHLAND PARK MIDDLE SCHOOL: Beaverton, OR
- KENNEDY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Janesville, WI
- NATIONAL INVENTORS HALL OF FAME CENTER FOR STEM LEARNING: Akron, OH
- QUATAMA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Hillsboro, OR
- RENAISSANCE ARTS ACADEMY: Los Angeles, CA
For more information on the grant program including a resulting publication, information about the recipients, a video highlighting each awarded program, model lesson plans, resources and more, please visit: www.theovationfoundation.org/innovation-steam.