Sweetwater Unified School District STEAM Summit
Sweetwater Union High School District is pleased to present the first annual STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) Summit on May 6, 2013. The purpose of the STEAM Summit is to recognize, highlight, and promote STEAM learning and innovation in SUHSD.
The Summit will also showcase the use of iPads by teachers and students in middle schools as well as the use of iPads in school robotics programs, the Mayor’s Cup Cyber Challenge and Visual and Performing Arts projects integrating art, music, and technology.
This event is FREE for the entire community including families and students who will enroll in SUHSD for the first time in July.
The Summit will…
- Promote SUHSD staff and student use of state of the art technologies, real world learning opportunities, inventive projects, and self-determining academic and vocational pathways.
- Invite the entire South Bay community to help SUHSD promote and support STEAM education.
- Highlight the companies and educational services that support 21st century teaching and learning in Sweetwater and in Districts around the country.
- Recognize and reward educators and community partners who are committed to providing students with world class educational opportunities.
- Educate, inform, and inspire.
Participants will learn in three ways:
- Student, teacher, and technology expert-led workshops.
- Vendor Fair with cool give-aways and demonstrations.
- Informal conversations with students and teachers about specific projects involving STEAM learning.
The STEAM Summit Program Agenda includes:
- A brief keynote address will highlight SUHSD’s vision and commitment to lead in the area(s) of STEAM learning.
- A vendor fair with information and demonstrations.
- High quality 30-40 minute workshops.
- Stephen Hawking Charter Staff and Students will be present to highlight and promote project-based learning at the elementary school level.
Thanks to the following participating partners and companies:
- Hewlett Packard
- Arey Jones/Microsoft
- Apex Learning
- Safari Montage
- Gather Safely
- Grand Canyon University
- DeVry University
- Achieve 3000
- Learning Upgrade